As almost everyone planning on dieting before summer, and cuz Cheeky has been doing her “crazy” diets, i thought i would share this to help you all (including me) to understand and know the healthiest foods out there. All these type of food will help you live longer, avoid deadly diseases and of course be fit. I will be posting 3 different posts, but we will start for now with fruits.
1. Apricots: One apricot has 17 calories, 0 fat, 1 gram of fiber. Snack on them dried, or if you prefer fresh, buy when still firm; once they soften, they lose nutrients. Apricots help to avoid skin cancer.
2. Avocados: One slice of avocado has 81 calories, 8 grams of fat and 3 grams of fiber. It helps to protect the eyes and a good dose of fiber.
3. Raspberries: A cup has only 60 calories, 1 gram of fat and 8 grams of fiber. It stalls cancer cell growth, prevent high cholesterol and heart disease, and it’s packed with vitamin C.
4. Cantaloupe: Half a melon has 97 calories, 1 gram of fat and 2 grams of fiber. It helps to lower blood pressure and protect cells from free radical damage.
5. Cranberry Juice: A cup has 144 calories, 0 grams of fat and 0 fiber. It helps fight bladder infections by preventing harmful bacteria from growing.
6. Tomato: A tomato has 26 calories, 0 fat and 1 gram of fiber. Research shows that tomatoes may cut the risk of bladder, stomach and colon cancers in half if eaten daily.
7. Raisins: A half-cup has 218 calories, 0 fat and 3 grams of fiber. These little gems are a great source of iron, which helps the blood transport oxygen and which many women are short on.
8. Figs: One fig has 37 to 48 calories, 0 fat and 2 grams of fiber. It helps to lower cholesterol and prevent water retention.
9. Lemons and Limes: A wedge has 2 calories, 0 fat and 0 fiber. It helps to prevent cancer.