An earlier post was made about the best fruits you can eat and that will do you good, now it’s time to get into details about the best vegetables you can eat.
1. Onions: It’s considered one of the best vegetables that would prevent cancer. A cup of chopped onion has 61 calories, 0 fat and 3 grams of fiber. If you hate crying over it, the roasting them with abit of olive oil would be just fine.
2. Artichokes: It helps to prevent skin cancer plus fiber to help control cholesterol. One medium artichoke has 60 calories, 0 fat and 7 grams of fiber. The best way to eat it is to steam it for 30 to 40 minutes then squeeze a lemon and enjoy.
3. Ginger: This is actually a good one for me and sadly i haven’t tried it. Ginger helps to ease your migraines! A teaspoon of fresh gingerroot has only 1 calorie, 0 fat and 0 fiber.
4. Broccoli: It’s full of vitamin C and helps to protect breast cancer. One cup of chopped broccoli has 25 calories, 0 fat and 3 grams of fiber. A mistake a lot of people do is that they over cook it! All you have to do is steam it or put it in a microwave then squeeze a lemon on it.
5. Spinach: Have you ever wondered why Popeye the sailor man always eat spinach and he seems very strong even if he looked very old? Well spinach help fend off macular degeneration, a major cause of blindness in older people. Plus, studies show this green fountain of youth may help reverse some signs of aging. One cup has 7 calories, 0 fat and 1 gram of fiber. You can always use it in salads with abit of olive oil and garlic.
6. Garlic: It helps to lower cholesterol, blood pressure and even reduce your risk of stomach and colon cancer. A clove has 4 calories, 0 fat and 0 fiber. We all know how strong the taste of garlic can be, so you can bake it for 15 to 20 minutes and then spread it on bread or any other thing you like.