On Saturday the 17th, my brother finally got married to his lovely bride and the wedding was a successful event. I wish them love and happiness for the rest of their lives. That’s being said, lets move to the side effects, thoughts and comments I have to let out on this:
1. The last 2 weeks been crazy and that am only the groom’s sister! I can only imagine what the couple went through from stress to being tired, being able to get the house and the wedding ceremony ready.
2. I managed to do 2 photo shoot for the couple, one outdoor and the other indoor, I was very happy with the result specially that I didn’t have EXACTLY the right equipment. The pictures turned out cute and were used in 2 slide show videos that I also made and were shown in the wedding. However I didn’t like the quality of the projector that was used, took out a lot of the beauty of the pictures.
3. Hair and makeup: I posted before HERE asking all the girls out there to help me in choosing the right place for that, I ended up going to Al Sharkia which is located in Jabreya. I was satisfied with their service and work. I’ll probably post about it later.
4. A small note to all the guys out there: Stop complaining if you have been wearing a suite the whole day, or that your tie is choking you, or your annoyed by your shirt! you obviously HAVE NO IDEA how it feels to be a lady. I got dressed at 5 and stayed like that till 2:30 am. So you can only imagine the pain of wearing heels all that time, dancing, walking, and helping with stuff. til now I can feel my feet hurt and asking for mercy. No more heels for at least 2 weeks.
5. Hearing feedback about the wedding: number one rule is that if you were family or a very close friend, you can say whatever you feel like about the wedding (try to be nice) what you liked, what you didn’t, what you noticed and all of that. But if you weren’t close, or maybe just a friend, then there is no point of saying stupid comments, at the end it’s not YOUR wedding, and if you didn’t like it you should just keep it to yourself. At least you should be happy that you were invited.
6. Whether you are family or friends of the bride and groom (except the really close family), don’t get over excited for no reason, we all know its FAKE! don’t push urself between the couple of every time they dance, don’t jump in every time someone is taking a picture of them, don’t welcome people arriving to the wedding if no one asked you to, don’t go posting pictures on your Facebook if you don’t know half of the people in the picture, and finally, don’t go dancing infornt of the camera every time you get the chance.
7. The wedding ends the moment it starts, that’s when the family knows it’s happening and all the preparation is over.
8. The most enjoyable time of the wedding is when almost everyone leaves, the close family stays and dance unconditionally.
9. All weddings now have an open buffet, and people keep doing the same thing over and over again. PLEASE don’t stand for too long, there are people waiting in line. You don’t need to fill your plate like you have never seen food before, we don’t need to think that you came to the wedding just to EAT! and we SERIOUSLY don’t wanna see you filling your plate and 5 others. Just eat and let everyone do the same without cursing at you.
10. Finally, just enjoy the wedding, it’s a happy occasion, feel happy for the couple, for both families, and wish everyone would get to have this feeling one day.